Thursday, April 22, 2010

someone somewhere

I'm finding that trying to figure out storage for my possessions from across the ocean is a near-impossible feat. Between the time change and trying to coordinate three different people (brother to move stuff, friend with truck, people with storage space), I'm feeling a little helpless. It's times like these when a little extra money would be nice. Imagine renting out a proper storage space and hiring real life movers. In all my years of moving houses and hopping across oceans and whatnot, I've never had anyone move me. In fact, when my family moved into our current house in Tokyo, we had to move out the current owners, as they had procrastinated, and then gone out of town right during our move-in date (don't ask, I have no good explanation for this). Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but someday when I have a little extra cash, I plan to move for the sole purpose of hiring movers and watching the whole process unfold before my eyes without having to lift a finger. I would never have to say good bye to a beloved couch again.

On another note, my parents are home, and I promised to properly introduce them. As my ancient laptop is currently on a photo embargo, I will not include a picture. However, my father and mother have safely arrived home from their trip to Hawaii. My father Tim (age 53) and I immediately got into a discussion about my love of red wine. I pointed out that Jesus drank wine, therefore it is biblical. He still expressed some disapproval, so I imagine he assumes I don't have the self-control that Jesus did. My dear mother Katie (age unknown) then entered the kitchen and told me if "all you're doing is talking to your dad," then could I please refill the dog food. Because we all know dog food is a much higher priority than father-daughter bonding (don't worry, Mom, I know you didn't mean it like that--oh yes, my parents have discovered my blog).

Mayra (do you love that no matter what you're always going to get mentioned every time I write something?), your Japanese word of the day is okureru (oh-coo-reh-roo), which means, to be late, or "I'm going to be late." Yes, you guessed it, I'm about to be late for a lunch date.

No comments:

Post a Comment